Europa League results

first_imgEverton recorded a fine win in the Europa League last night.They started their group stage campaign with a 4-1 victory over German team Wolfsburg.Tottenham earned a good point in Serbia in finishing 0-0 with Partizan Belgrade, and it was the same for Celtic, who drew 2-2 in Austria against Salzburg.last_img

Kilfeacle overcome Galbally

first_imgKilfeacle beat Galbally in their Munster Junior League Division 1 away game.The final score was Kilfeacle 22 Galbally 7.last_img

Tipp footballers looking to use home advantage

first_imgThe Premier County will need to put another two points on the table in Division 3 when they come up against their Munster rivals in Semple Stadium in Round 4 of the National Football League. Tipp selector Tommy Twomey says it’s a big game for both teams and his side need to use their home advantage to stay in the hunt for promotion.Today’s game at Semple Stadium throws-in at three o’clock and will be live here on Tipp FM in association with Dwans Hardware, Cathedral Street, Thurles.last_img read more

Clonmel Town win Tipp Cup again

first_imgThey defeated Slieveardagh Utd 2-0 to claim the silverware.Paul Shanahan headed Aidan McGrath’s cross in to put the eventual victors in front after 32 minutes.They wrapped up the win on the stroke of full-time when Jack Burke slammed in Conor O’Sullivan’s square ball. The match was played at The Complex in Clonmel.last_img

Hima Das out of World Championships 2019 because of mismanagement

first_img FOLLOW US Jay Pandya WE RECOMMEND WATCH US LIVE 1 year ago Hima Das congratulates PM Modi and Kiren Rijiju for Fit India movement COMMENT After the Indian sprinter Hima Das was ruled out of World Championships due to a back injury, it has now come into light that her injury was life-threatening and despite that, she continued to participate in various championships in Europe. The issue has come forward with the release of a letter written by the President of Indian Federation of Sports Medicine, Dr. PSM Chandran in May this year to Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS), Chief Executive Officer, Rajesh Rajagopalan.Das was suffering from a career-threatening injuryThe letter says that 19-year-old Hima Das was not fully fit for the World Relay Championships held in Yokohama last May as she was suffering from Lumbar Spondylitis and which could be career-threatening to her. Das suffered a muscle spasm in the Asian Athletic Championships in Doha after which she was not able to complete her race in April this year.READ | Hima Das: An assorted list of Dhing Express’ accolades and awards”Hima Das, a 400-metre runner. Two days back media reported that Hima who is in Yokohama for the World relay championships is suffering from severe backache, diagnosed as Lumbar Spondylitis, which could turn out to be a career-threatening injury for a runner. It is pertinent to note that Hima had pulled out due to muscle spasm after getting off the blocks in 400 metres heats at the Asian Athletic Championships in Doha last month,” the letter said.READ | Hima Das congratulates PM Modi and Kiren Rijiju for Fit India movementAfter that, she continued to take part in the various sporting events around the world with other team members which led to worsening her injury. The letter advised her rest and rehabilitation complemented by medication. In July, Hima won five gold medals – four in 200m and one in 400m event in different events in Europe.Athletics Federation of India confirmed her non-inclusionIt was confirmed by the Athletics Federation of India (AFI) on Wednesday evening that Hima Das has been ruled out of the International Association of Athletics Federation (IAAF) World Championships 2019. Her participation in the World Championships 2019 was uncertain as her name was not included in the initial list sent by the AFI to the IAAF for the competition which is all set to take place in Doha, Qatar from September 27 to October 6, this year. However, her non-inclusion was confirmed later in the evening on September 18, nine days prior to the showpiece event.READ | Hima Das Ruled Out Of World Championships 2019 With Back InjuryREAD | Dutee Chand elated after her selection in the Doha World Championship(With ANI inputs) 1 year ago Hima Das clinches 4th Gold in 15 Days, proud netizens salute ‘Unstoppable’ sprinter 11 months ago Dutee Chand elated after her selection in the Doha World Championshipcenter_img Written By First Published: 19th September, 2019 18:11 IST SUBSCRIBE TO US 11 months ago Hima Das: An assorted list of Dhing Express’ accolades and awards Last Updated: 19th September, 2019 18:11 IST Hima Das Out Of World Championships 2019 Because Of Mismanagement Hima Das was ruled out of World Championships on Wed, because of a back injury, it has now come into the public domain that her injury was life-threatening. LIVE TV 11 months ago Hima Das Ruled Out Of World Championships 2019 With Back Injurylast_img read more

Judo Association CEO: ‘More than 650 athletes to participate in Championship’

first_img First Published: 3rd December, 2019 11:47 IST SUBSCRIBE TO US Digital Desk WE RECOMMEND COMMENT LIVE TV 9 months ago Buy Vodafone, Airtel 365-day recharge plans before they get up to 50% expensive tonight Session ID: 2020-09-09:1958ff0aebee7fc78ed4aa9 Player Element ID: video_player_5f58318e5a6db OK Close Modal DialogBeginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreen FOLLOW US WATCH US LIVEcenter_img 9 months ago UP: Police seizes 1,400 boxes of liquor during a raid in Moradabad Written By 9 months ago UP govt school shocker:English teacher fails to read a few lines in the language Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00Loaded: 0%Duration 0:00Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedSubtitlessubtitles settings, opens subtitles settings dialogsubtitles off, selectedAudio TrackQuality LevelsFullscreenThis is a modal window. This video is restricted from playing on your current domain Error Code: PLAYER_ERR_DOMAIN_RESTRICTED 9 months ago Kartik Aaryan opens up about his early struggles, reveals “shared my home with 12 others” Munawar Anzar, the CEO of the Judo Association said, “There are more than 650 athletes who will be participating in Junior National Judo Championship from across the country. In the ranking, the first six will be selected for thew Khelo India game which will take place in January.” Last Updated: 3rd December, 2019 11:47 IST Judo Association CEO: ‘More Than 650 Athletes To Participate In Championship’ Munawar Anzar, the CEO of the Judo Association said, that there are more than 650 athletes who will be participating in the event from across the country 9 months ago Shallow to moderate fog at isolated places in UPlast_img read more

Tipp take on Cork in U21 challenge

first_imgTipp under 21 hurlers face Cork this evening in a challenge game ahead of their opening Munster Championship game against Limerick later in the month.The Rebels travel to Clonmel for a 7.30pm throw in time.last_img

Enugu State Government Dump Super4

first_imgOfficials of the League Management Company (LMC) are at cross-roads over reported apathy of the Enugu State government towards the hosting of the 2016 Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) Super4, a day to the tournament’s kick-off.While initial reports indicated that Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi was excited by the prospect of the state hosting the major tournament, sources close to the LMC revealed that the excitement has not been matched by support for the hosting of the event. An official who pleaded anonymity as he is not authorised to speak on the matter disclosed that “for the first time, a host state is not providing logistics for the tournament such as fuel for generators, accommodation for teams and match officials and official vehicles”.Another source close to the Enugu State Commissioner for Sports, Hon. Charles Ndukwe said the governor said the state cannot afford the amount the LMC stated in a proposal to the state and that this has made it difficult to formally reply the LMC in writing.“Yes, the state wants to host the tournament but there is financial constraints but we believe His Excellency, Governor Ugwuanyi will review his position as there are serious benefits that the state will derive”, the source stated.The 2016 NPFL Super4 is billed to kick off on Wednesday, December 7 with Wikki Tourists and FC IfeanyiUbah at 5pm while Rangers and Rivers United play the second tie of the day at 7pm.LMC Head of Special Projects, Harry Iwuala refused to comment on the report when contacted but said “the Super4 is holding as scheduled and whatever challenges that are encountered will definitely be resolved”.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more

Simba Group Donates Motorcycles to Super Eagles

first_img“We search out for talents in this country and give them what they require to achieve their goals. We will continue to support the great game of football, which is popular in Nigeria. Sports brings people together,” Gaovea said.He further expressed that even Nigerians in the Diaspora are excited when they relate with football.”Reacting to the gesture, Super Eagle’s coach, Gernot Rohr, praised the company and the partnership adding that he is enjoying the country with a promise to continue to develop young players and give them opportunities.He said: “Simba Group gave me this motorbike as the partner of NFF. I really thank them for this. I am happy to be here. It was a warm welcome from them”.Rohr said he feels like a Nigerian already and he enjoys local delicacies. “We are like a family here in this team. The Super Eagles team and I are doing well. We have young players in this team.”While assuring the gathering that the players and the personnel would come for their motorbikes, he said he would ride it first to ensure it is good for football.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Managing Director, Simba Group TVS, Vinay Gaovea, has described football as a unifying factor that Nigerians relates with conveniently, assuring the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) of its support and partnership.This is as the company donated motorcycles to some Super Eagles’ players and the coaching crew at a dinner held recently in Lagos.According to Gaovea, the essence of the partnership is to celebrate talents and union between Simba Group and the football body.last_img read more

Reality Check for Solskjaer as Barca Strolls into Old Trafford

first_imgCHAMPIONS LEAGUE Q’FINAL*Pique charges teammates to kill off United’s comeback dreamOle Gunnar Solskjaer enjoyed a charmed life as interim Manchester United manager but Barcelona’s visit to Old Trafford this evening will show him the scale of the task he faces as the new full time boss. The Norwegian was rewarded with a three-year deal after dramatically reviving United’s fortunes since taking caretaker charge in December, lifting them back into contention for a top-four place and transforming the mood at the club.The highlight of his reign so far was a dramatic 3-1 away victory over Paris Saint-Germain in the last 16 in the Champions League, which enabled United to overturn a 2-0 first-leg defeat to reach the quarterfinals on away goals.Solskjaer has given his creative players licence to attack, with Paul Pogba and Marcus Rashford let off the leash to devastating effect.But some of the gloss has come off in recent weeks, with three defeats in four matches badly denting United’s chances of qualifying for next season’s Champions League and dumping them out of the FA Cup.Solskjaer, who famously scored the winning goal for United against Bayern Munich in the 1999 Champions League final in Barcelona, was upbeat after drawing the Spanish league leaders in the quarterfinals last month, before he was confirmed as the new long-term boss.“We want these games against the biggest clubs and the biggest teams. We had the final against them in 2009 and 2011 (both of which Barca won) and the semifinal in 2008 when Scholesy (Paul Scholes) scored,” Solskjaer said.“It’s these games our fans and this club crave. We are looking forward to this one.”Worryingly for Solskjaer, though, some of United’s familiar failings under Jose Mourinho have returned to haunt them in the weeks since the draw was made.They were unfortunate to lose at Arsenal but appeared short of inspiration in losing twice to Wolves in the FA Cup and Premier League, while even Solskjaer admitted they did not deserve their solitary win since he was given the permanent job as Watford enjoyed the better of the chances in a 2-1 defeat at Old Trafford.Solskjaer had a free ride when he took over from Mourinho, with morale at a low ebb and the club 11 points off the top four.Despite recent hiccups, he has had notable success in his short time at the club and ultimately has his sights set higher than finishing in the top four.The 46-year-old will probably be forgiven if United fall short against a Lionel Messi-inspired Barcelona.But if he fails to reverse the mini-slump and United suffer a heavy defeat to the Spanish champions there is a danger the season could peter out and momentum could be lost.Meanwhile, Gerard Pique has said that Barcelona must learn from last season’s Champions League collapse against Roma and be wary of Manchester United’s powers of recovery ahead of the clash.Defender Pique, who was part of the United squad that won the European Cup in 2008 before returning to Catalonia, was on the winning side as Barca beat United in Champions League finals in 2009 and 2011.“The game against PSG is a great example. They (PSG) were better, but you cannot let United off the hook because they have a great team and a great history as they showed in Paris,” Pique said on Tuesday.“We learned (from Roma) that things happen, even if it seemed unimaginable that they will.“We learned that you cannot let an opponent back into a tie if they are not killed off. That will help us for facing a team like United.“If at any point we can kill off the tie, we have to do it.”Tasked with derailing Barca’s bid for a third treble since 2009 and stopping an in-form Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez, United will be cast in the role of underdog just as they were in the last round.The appointment of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as the new permanent manager of the English giants has coincided with a dip in form, with United losing three of their four games since winning in Paris.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more